Thursday, October 15, 2015

Letter Project Reflection

  • When I was assigned my letter, "P" I jot down words that could be drawn with the letter. It really helps to just think of ideas while having your table helping you out. Then I drew the thumbnail sketches with the brainstorming words and it allowed me to keep track of what I've drawn. I also felt that the peer feedback was really helpful because I couldn't decide which to draw and having someone tell me what they think gives me a different perspective. Although I still wasn't sure what to do, it definitely helped me narrow things down.  
Thumbnail Sketch

Thumbnail Sketch
    


  • I drew the four seasons, the Sun which represents summer, Icicles represents winter, the pumpkin for the fall, and lastly the flowers for spring. Next I drew something to do with evilness within people but it turned into death. I also drew a lamp with windows as a P and vines hanging down from the walls. I think any of them would have worked but I chose the one with the four seasons because it was an idea that I randomly came up with when I was drawing the drafts. Even though there were a lot of things incorporated in the picture, it seemed the best to draw during the time. 
Snake and Bone/Skull
Four Seasons




Lam'P' with Vines hanging down
Final
  • The most challenging aspect of this project was probably getting the color and the shading correct. I like it when it's light because it makes it easier to correct or fix things. However, making it darker outlines the tiny details, which makes it stand out. I am kind of satisfied with my final project because I kind of messed up on some parts of the drawing, such as the sun. It looks awkward in that position and might have looked better elsewhere or smaller. If I can change this design, I would most likely detail everything out more and look at more reference pictures (those really help). I would also have taken more pictures of it before I colored it in so darkly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment