Monday, November 23, 2015

Rain

1. My concept behind my portrait is the idea of showing the real world versus the spiritual world. I love the rain and the sound of it. When you hear it, it makes you want to contemplate about life because it has this "lonely" feeling. So I took two pictures of my mom in different poses by a tree. Because usually, nature is where you can actually think in since it's empty and not noisy. I merged the picture together to show someone in deep thought. However you can interpret the picture in any way; it can have different meanings. 

2. I am happy with my results, however I wish I had more time to work on it and perfect it. This is because I messed up a lot and I wasn't really sure how to use Photoshop still. I really like some of the effects I made with the layer masks, I think I did a pretty decent job on it. 

3. First, I placed the two images into Photoshop and changed the resolution. Then I used the magnetic lasso tool to crop out the image of her looking at the tree and brought her to the other image. Then I used a layer mask to clean away the edges so the background is the same. I used the transformation tool to adjust her to the same size as the other her in the image. Then, I changed the opacity so she can look more like a ghost. Next, I searched rain png so the picture is transparent. I put a layer mask over it and then I changed the opacity of the eraser so it fits with the background. I changed the Brightness/Contrast and the Hue of the picture to make the leaves a bit lighter than the other parts of the picture. Finally, I searched up a cloudy png image in order to make her look more ghostly. I made it empty in the middle to make it focus around the two of her. Surrounding her I made the cloudiness darker around the edges and lighter towards the middle in order to make it more realistic. 


Original photographs




Finished Portrait 


4 comments:

  1. I think you've perfectly captured the idea of loneliness, but in some sense, also freedom. The rain and nature provides a refreshing feeling; the juxtaposition you provide is very clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good but I just wish there were more layers and that the figure on the left would be darker and more visible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good but I just wish there were more layers and that the figure on the left would be darker and more visible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really deep reflection Wendy, and it's pretty cool how you used a layer mask to change the opacity of the image!

    ReplyDelete